Design your Sustainability Journey
“Be a global citizen. Act with passion and compassion. Help us make this world safer and more sustainable today and for the generations that will follow us. That is our moral responsibility.” – Ban Ki-Moon Sustainability seems to be an unavoidable topic for consumers, producers, business and governments. During these two days, you will discover how you can use your core business to contribute to a sustainable planet. With the use of the Doughnut Economy model and Design Thinking principles, the workshop will guide you from a design challenge to a business case.
At the end of this training you have learned:
- Use the Doughnut Economics model to discuss the impact
- Transform company values & ideas into tangible concepts or directions
- Apply Design Thinking to fit the sustainable agenda of your organisation and its stakeholders
- Discover how sustainability fits in your strategy without having to do something that lies outside your core business.
Best suited to
(Everyone is welcome, from process optimization to innovation and from CSR to sales. We also offer a workshop for teams that want to develop a (new) sustainability path for the organisation and set a moonshot goal that matches the core business. Interested? Please get in touch with us!
Way of learning
During the workshop, you will work on a general case with all participants to explore various templates and mental models. Parallel to this general case you will apply the learnings to a case of your own company. The personal case will not be finalized in two days, that would be great but is not possible. Therefore, we invite you to come back for a two-hour session, so we can take your own business case to the next level together.
Level of expertise
Novice/ Advanced beginner
- Ability to spot opportunities in your current business
- The business case to present at your CEO as well as your customer
- Getting an understanding of how you impact the planet using the Doughnut Economy
- Plastic fishing
- Introduction sustainability and the case
- The Doughnut Economics model
- Journey Mapping
- Identify areas of opportunities
- Stakeholder map
- Design a business case
- Pitch development
English or Dutch
Sign Up Here!
1st & 2nd of April
Design Thinking Center Amsterdam
Dutch or English
Nina Pennock (Service Designer) & Dirk Jan Plender (Change and Design Thinker)
Number of participants
Early Bird Ticket Price € 1.495,= till 11th of March 2019 - Regular Ticket Price € 1.595,